We pledge to respect your privacy, to be transparent about our data practices, to keep your data safe, to never sell your personal data, to let you decide how your information is shared, and to only collect data that helps us improve our products and services.
Looksee Labs designs products and tools that collect and show images and information to empower and inspire users to lead more informed and fun lives.
Because we’re always looking for new and innovative ways to present relevant information and empower self-expression, this policy may change over time, but any future changes will not affect data that was collected under a previous version of this policy. If any modifications substantially change your rights, we will send an email summarizing the changes to the address associated with your Looksee account and provide notice on the Site.
And remember, we’re here to help. If something in this policy does not make sense or if you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- When we collect Data
- Why we collect Data
- What kinds of Data we share
- Ways we might share your Data
- How Long We Save Your Data
- How To Edit or Modify Data
- How To Deactivate Your Looksee Account
- Looksee’s Policies For Children
- How Does Looksee Keep My Data Safe?
- How Does Looksee Handle Data From International Visitors?
- Contact Us
When We Collect Data
ACTIVATE A DEVICE
When activating a Looksee Device, you will be asked to download the Looksee App. To see the full list of data that your Device collects, visit our Product Specifications page.
CREATE A LOOKSEE ACCOUNT
If you want to access data collected by your Device, you must create a Looksee account. When you create a Looksee account, we ask for some personal information, including your email address and date of birth. Your email address will be your Looksee account user name, which you will use to log-into your account. We do not display your email address to other users. Instead, others will see the name or nickname you enter in your profile settings.
You can also create your Looksee account using a different credential such as a Facebook or Google+ account. We will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name, profile picture, and friend list. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing Looksee’s access to that account.
VISIT OUR SITES
SYNC YOUR DEVICE
When you sync your Device through an App, recorded data about your usage is transferred from the App to our servers. This data is stored and used to provide the Looksee Service and is associated with your account. Each time a sync occurs, we log data about the transmission. Some examples of the log data are the sync time and date, device battery level, and the IP address used when syncing.
BUY FROM OUR STORE
We do not view or store your credit card information. This is handled by our third-party payment processor. We store your shipping address so we can process your order through our fulfillment partner. If you are logged into your Looksee account when you purchase something on our Site, we associate that order with your Looksee account.
Whenever you contact Looksee for help, we collect your name and email address along with additional information you provide in your request so that we can provide you with assistance and improve the Looksee Service. You can also contact Looksee on public forums such as Twitter or Facebook; however, we cannot maintain the privacy of your communication to us if you contact us through these channels.
ACTIVATE LOCATION FEATURES
The Looksee Service includes features that require the collection of specific location data, including: GPS signals, device sensors, Wi-Fi access points, and cell tower IDs. We only collect this type of data when you activate a location feature, such as Maps or Weather. We stop collecting this type of data when you deactivate the feature. We store this information in your Looksee account. If you are using a mapping feature, we will send your location information to our mapping service provider so they can display appropriate information for your location. They are contractually prevented from sharing or using this data for any other purpose.
We only collect information about you when you’re interacting with Looksee Products & Services.
Why We Collect Data
Looksee uses your data to provide you with the best experience possible, and to improve and protect the Looksee Service. Here are some examples:
- Apple Health and Google Fit information are used to estimate your activity in Activity.
- Contact information is used to send you notifications, and to inform you about new features or products we think you would be interested in.
- Data and logs are used in research to understand and improve the Looksee Device and Looksee Service; to troubleshoot the Looksee Service; to detect and protect against error, fraud or other criminal activity; and to enforce the Looksee Terms of Service.
- De-identified data that does not identify you may be used for any purpose including identifying trends; for marketing and promotional use; or for sale to interested audiences. See “Sharing of De-identified Data That Does Not Identify You” to learn more.
What Kinds of Data We Share
DATA THAT COULD IDENTIFY YOU
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is data that includes a personal identifier like your name, email or address, or data that could reasonably be linked back to you. We will only share this data under the following circumstances:
- With companies that are contractually engaged in providing us with services, such as order fulfillment, email management and credit card processing. These companies are obligated by contract to safeguard any PII they receive from us.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us), or governmental or regulatory request, to enforce or apply the Terms of Service or Terms of Sale, to protect the security or integrity of the Looksee Service, and/or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Looksee, its employees, users, or others. If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
DATA THAT DOES NOT IDENTIFY YOU (DE-IDENTIFIED DATA)
Looksee may share or sell aggregated, de-identified data that does not identify you, with partners and the public in a variety of ways, such as by providing research or reports about health and fitness or as part of our Premium membership. When we provide this information, we perform appropriate procedures so that the data does not identify you and we contractually prohibit recipients of the data from re-identifying it back to you.
DATA THAT YOU DIRECT US TO SHARE
Ways You Might Share Your Data
DEFAULT VISIBILITY SETTINGS
The privacy settings on new Looksee accounts are set to reveal minimal data about you with the purpose of getting you involved with the Looksee Service.
To post to Looksee community message boards, you’ll be asked to create a community username that’s separate from your Looksee profile name. This community username will be posted next to any comments you publish on community message boards. Other information, like a profile photo that you’ve added to your Looksee account will also be visible on message boards, depending on your Looksee account settings.
CONTESTS AND GIVEAWAYS
Looksee may also ask you to participate in surveys (processed by Looksee or third parties) that help us understand your use of the Looksee Service. Any PII you provide to Looksee (or supplied by you or Looksee to such third-party survey providers) in connection with these surveys will only be used in relation to that survey and as stated in this policy.
How Long We Save Your Data
We store your PII for as long as you maintain a Looksee account.
How To Edit or Modify Data
Data that you provide to Looksee through the Site can be modified from your dashboard or Looksee account preferences. If you remove data from your Looksee account, it will no longer appear to you or others who use the Looksee Service. Backups of that data will remain associated with your Looksee account and in our archive servers.
How To Deactivate Your Looksee Account
You can deactivate your Looksee account by contacting Customer Support. When you do, data that can identify you will be removed from the Looksee Service, including but not limited to your email, name, and links to sites such as Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. Looksee may continue to use your de-identified data after you deactivate your account.
Looksee’s Policies For Children
Looksee is not directed at persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any PII from children under 13.
How Does Looksee Keep My Data Safe?
Looksee uses a combination of technical and administrative security controls to maintain the security of your data. If you have a security-related concern, please contact Customer Support.
How Does Looksee Handle Data From International Visitors?
The Looksee Service is hosted by a third party and is subject to United States law. Any personal information that you provide to Looksee is being transferred to Looksee for use solely in the United States. You consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States. If you are accessing the Looksee Service from outside the United States, please be advised that United States law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
We use technologies to improve the functionality of the Looksee Service.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
Cookies are text files that are sent by servers to web browsers and stored on your computer. They tell us which parts of the Looksee Service you’ve visited so we can figure out which promotions you may like to see or to alert you to software compatibility issues.
Web beacons and pixel tags are images embedded in a webpage or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing usage and activity. Looksee, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use web beacons and pixel tags to help us analyze usage and improve our functionality.
We use the following third-party advertising cookies to present you with opportunities to purchase Looksee products on our Site; and retargeting cookies, to present you with Looksee advertising on other websites based on your interaction on our Sites and other websites:
- Google Adwords Conversion: You can adjust the Google Ads Settings and opt-out of this program.
- Twitter Advertising: This cookie allows us to present you with retargeting advertising for Looksee products on Twitter. This Twitter FAQ explains how their advertising program works and gives you the option to adjust your Twitter settings.
- Facebook Custom Audiences: You can adjust your Facebook advertising settings from within your Facebook account and opt-out of advertisements from within the Facebook application.
We use the following third-party data analytics platforms to improve the Looksee Service in a variety of ways:
You can email us with any questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looksee Labs, Inc.